Friday, April 30, 2010

Just like Daddy

There's a Christian song that has the phrase "walk a little straighter daddy for little eyes are watching every step." It's a great reminder of our impact as parents. I've been noticing how Mason really has been modeling after his daddy. While he spends lots of time with me during the day, he's developing into such a little man.

He looks to his dad in the morning to start his day just right. They share a pillow and watch the morning news together while I get dressed. Any time JP is outside working and Mason is indoors, he works his way to the closest window to watch what his dad is doing. And when in a new situation, I've noticed that Mason waits for his dad's response to set his comfort level...he gathers a lot of his security from his daddy.

I've been lucky to have caught a few great photos of my two boys together. My question to you, do you think Mason is watching his daddy like a hawk?



By the way, this last picture was NOT posed. They were actually watching TV together just like that without any prompting from me. The only thing I said to JP was "don't move!"

No comments:

Post a Comment