Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Speed Racer

In preparation for a party at our house, we got busy and straightened up our back deck. We are like so many other people, if we don't know where to put it at that moment, it gets stacked. So we organized the plants, we contained the outside tools, swept and cleaned to the point that the main body of the deck is completely clear. So a few nights ago, we decided to spend some family time outdoors while the mosquitoes were napping.

We had Mason sitting down playing with some toys, when I had the bright idea to bring out the walker. We loaded him in it, blocked the stairway and let him wander around. Before long, he figured out he had a major area to explore, so he started walking back and forth along the deck. After a few passes, he kicked in the afterburners and started running back and forth...always stopping short of the end railing, carefully turning around and running for the opposite end.

As a joke, I started "chasing" him and before long, we started racing. It pains me to say that my 1 year old son kicked my butt in his tot rider. I think he "let" me win a few races as a tease to get his daddy involved. Before long, he was leaving his daddy in the dust. We raced back and forth for a good 30 minutes and had a great time. Take a look.




No comments:

Post a Comment