Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Dabbling in the paint

I've always had a bit of an artist lurking within. That is part of the reason I've always enjoyed graphic design. But I have always wanted to be one of those that can express myself with a brush and paint. Coming from a legacy of leisure artists (Granny and Mom), I've been exposed to all the "training" I could ever hope to get, but I've never found my niche when it comes to painting.

Well, we're working on a redecorating project at our church (new accent walls, framed paintings and other art), with plans for 6 custom paintings for the sanctuary. Mom, Maureen and I have been seeking inspiration for several months for the paintings with no success. After a girls day together a few weeks ago, we finally hit on the inspiration we needed.

So I got started with the first painting that I've wanted to work on and I'm so excited with the finished product. It's been almost 10 years since I picked up a paint brush for artistic endeavors. I'm happy to report that I've begun my second painting and am enjoying the artistic struggle of "seeing" the art in my head and getting it on canvas. Can't wait to see what bubbles up next!!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Sister!!! What can I say? It's in our blood.

    ReplyDelete