Friday, October 30, 2009

Hanging with the boys

This past Monday, Layton and Mason spent the day with Granny Leigh. She was a trooper but secretly (or not so secretly), she enjoyed every minute. I was able to join her for about an hour before Clifton came to pick up Layton. It was fun playing with the two of them. And it's amazing what a difference a few pounds makes. I almost launched Layton to the ceiling when I picked him up.

The boys simply amaze me. They do so well together. They would laugh at each other, start jabbering back and forth in their language and then study everything around them with such inquisitive eyes. They are both drinking in the world.

Mason is entering his grabbing/touching phase. I think he touched Layton's head 20+ times while I was there. He kept running his fingers over Layton's head...feeling his peach fuzz perhaps? Of course, he's simply copying what his parents do to his peach fuzz covered head.

Look at those blue eyes. We call those "Lady Killers" and I have a sneaky suspicion that both boys will learn to flirt with those eyes sooner rather than later.

This one's my favorite...Bottom's Up!!! They are both so proud of their feet, and throwing up in the air at the same time no less. Thank God for pacifiers because I think they would both suck on their toes for hours if not for those pacifiers.

Other than watching the two cousins play together, it was surreal spending time with Clifton and his son. As I sat there with Mason in my arms, watching Clifton tickle Layton I couldn't help but think what an amazing gift it is to share the experience of parenting with my brother. I can remember when he was a little tike himself. We've come a long way from the two little kids that used to drive the Black Hill roads on three-wheelers.

1 comment:

  1. I love the picture of the two of them with their feet in the air that is too funny. That seems to be Layton's favorite position these days. I'm so glad they got to hang out together.

    ReplyDelete