Friday, October 16, 2009

Half a year

October 15th marked the 6-month birthday for Mason and oh what changes we've seen as a family in that time. As many know, we are knee-deep in bow season and knocking on the door for rifle-hunting season for deer. In years past, JP would almost get an itch to go hunting. And while gone during a weekend trip JP and I would talk a few times, miss each other but we'd survive. This year, I printed pictures of Mason for daddy to take with him, made sure to take pictures of Mason while he was gone, we talked on the phone several times and it was still like a long-lost family reunion when JP came home.

I've also been thumbing through all of the pictures we've taken and am amazed at the changes that are happening before our very eyes. I know it's redundant to say that he's growing like a weed, but when I find pictures that are staged in a similar fashion, just months apart, it is extremely obvious. Take a look.

3 weeks old

5 months old

4 days old

6 months old

Amazing isn't it. It's fun to relive all that we've been through and we have much praise to give to the Lord for He has been good to us. Let me follow-up on the jumperoo. If you look back at my post about his jumperoo (infant exerciser) you'll see a video of just out active he can get in that thing. Well, it also wears our little man out. JP and I were watching a movie a few evenings ago and let Mason jump his heart out. He was jumping, babbling and giggling in the thing. After some time, we noticed it got a little quiet. When we looked over at Mason, this is what we saw:

Let me just say that these pictures remind me of a story my mom and dad have told about me. I was in my high-chair and fell asleep in the mashed potatoes (face planted in the fluffy goodness) while mom and dad were having dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment