Friday, October 23, 2009

Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown

So I think it is safe to say that our family has the corner on the market for Charlie Brown look-a-likes. It's been a consistent joke at church from the Leija family that we have a "Little Charlie Brown." So can you imagine the scene when we went to the pumpkin patch in San Antonio last week with cousin Layton and Aunt Amy..we had two Charlie Browns among the field of orange.

Mason couldn't quite figure out what the big deal was. Everytime I sat him down, he would look left, right and then slap the pumpkin closest to him. I guess it was his way of getting comfortable. I wonder if he noticed that some of the pumpkins were larger then he was.

I was so glad that I got to join Amy, Lauren and Julie for this quick trip. It was fun to spend some time with other new moms that are juggling all the things I've been juggling. And I told JP that I do believe I was afforded a glimpse into our future with Mason. Lauren's son Cooper LOVES being outdoors, much like Mason. Well, when we pulled up to the pumkpin patch Cooper took off, not at a fast clip but very determined. He NEVER stopped moving around at the pumpkin patch. I think Lauren was lucky enough to get a few photos of Cooper, but I don't know how she does it. I'm certain I'll need new running shoes when Mason learns to walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment