Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Time Change & Milestone

So I'm sure everyone has a bit of a lag when it comes to the Daylight Saving Time dance. I've always been one that takes about a week to reprogram and get used to the shift in light.

This year has been another kind of experience entirely. I never would have guessed how difficult this change would be with a baby. Mason's schedule is completely screwed up. Our early riser is now waking us up at a painful 4:30 or 5 in the morning. Coffee can't begin to fix a wake-up call like that. We're blessed that after having a little milk, he'll drop off to dream land for an hour or two to give us a break. The shift in time has also messed up his afternoon playtime and rest schedule. I've been getting this look from him the past few days...I don't think he is thinking happy thoughts, do you?!?


I'm sure we'll make it through just fine in a few days but it just never crossed my mind to prep for this time change with Mason.

As for the milestone, Mason has been regularly holding his own bottle. We have to wrap his hands around the bottle initially, but he can hold the bottle until the last ounce or two. He hasn't figured out that he needs to push the bottle up high, but hey, at least we are getting somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment