Saturday, September 5, 2009

Busy week last week

Last week, JP had an opportunity to work with his brother Billy at the Chup (code for going to the hunting lease). Before JP headed out for the weekend, I snapped a shot of my two hunting buddies. Notice the sunglasses are positioned the same.

Billy is on a hunting lease down in Encinal and has invited JP to join him this year on a management rifle hunt and some bow hunting...quality boy time. In spite of the severe heat (110+ during the day) they got feeders up and bow blinds set for the October 3 opening weekend. JP came back really tired but he was rejuvenated after having some time on a hunting lease.

While JP was at the lease, Mason and I enjoyed two full days by ourselves. First off, I don't know how single-parents do it. I was glad that the girls were willing to pass him around at the bookstore as we closed out the last day. That helped to give me a bit of a break.

But as expected, we missed Dad. Every morning, Mason and I would play in the big bed. I'd occupy him for a few minutes but then he's start looking at the bathroom and bedroom door. He was expecting his daddy to enter at any moment. I thought Mason would shoot over the moon when he heard his dad's voice over the phone. A 4-month old is more aware that you could imagine. And in true Leslie fashion, Mason and I had to take some goofy pictures for daddy to come home to.

By the way, this last picture was the precursor to Mason figuring out how to smack his lips. He is so proud to make that sound by himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment