Saturday, August 29, 2009

Roots of Independence

I've been told many times that upon birth, your child beings the process of finding their independence. I'd have to say that those independent tendencies are setting roots in Mason's life. First up, he's learning to hold his own bottle. Considering he only gets one bottle a day (breastfeeding is his primary mode) he's learning fast. When I wheeled around with the camera, I couldn't believe my eyes.

Then there is the cereal feedings. We've started the process of introducing solid foods. He's been doing really well with rice cereal and oatmeal. Then after a few days he decided to give mom some help. JP had to snap the picture quick, but ff you look closely, you will see that Mason believes he should control his own spoon.

Of course coming from his two parents, it is only to be expected that he should have a pretty fierce independent streak...God Help Us!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment