Thursday, August 6, 2009

Raising a Mighty Man

So we know that Mason doesn't come from the smallest parents in the world. And if you know his grandfathers, you know that neither of them are men of slight-build. There have been many that have commented on the size of Mason's hands and the mass of his legs, but I've found another surprising measure of his future size. I was changing his clothes this afternoon and decided to let him take a nap in his diaper. As I laid him down, I noticed his chest...


...do you see the width of his chest. My mom has been saying from early on that we are raising a gentle giant and I'm starting to believe she right.

Another aspect of his "Mighty" status has been his faith, even at his age. Mason is so full of joy, laughing and smiling more than anything else. I really can see Christ in his eyes when he laughs. As some of you know, JP and I took up the charge to pray for Mason daily before he was born. Now we get to hold hands with the one we prayed for and he starts to cooo and gets so excited during those times. I pray that enthusiasm never stops. And this past week, I took Mason with me to Praise Team practice. I wasn't sure how he would do with all the music, people, activity, etc. He was AWESOME!! He sat in my lap almost the entire time watching everyone and "singing" with the group (his ooos and cooos). It dawned on me, he'd been hearing all the music before in the womb...it was kind of like a reunion for him. Looks like drums will be a fascination for him. Don't most little boys love to bang on things?!?!

I really believe God is preparing me for the person he is to become. I think our Mason is going to have a personality that is larger than life. And if we can continue to give him the tools he needs to develop his faith and relationship with Jesus, we've got ourselves a Mighty Man of God on our hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment