Saturday, September 19, 2009

Look what I can do

Our little monkey is figuring out he has lots of new skills he didn't even know he had. He's learned to smack his lip and make the coolest sound in the world...to him. Every time he smacks his lips, I'll repeat and he gives me the biggest smile ever. He's also learned to mimick the sound his mom makes when pulling him across the bed. I vibrate my lips and make a motor sound...very boy friendly. And then there are his feet.

He is such a limber little tike. We regularly find him with his foot in his mouth...LITERALLY!!! He's especially fond of his big toes and the balls of his feet. And of all the things Mason puts in his mouth, his feet seem to bother his dad the most.

JP has also notice a sleeping trend with Mason. JP has fond memories of watching his dad nap. He learned to cover his eyes with his arm just like his dad does. Apparently it's genetic, because has learned to do the same. We've caught him many times in the middle of a nap with his arm over his eyes...it's a third-generation light blocker.


I'm sure I'll pay for this, but I have a funny story I've just got to share about my loving hubby. Mason has an exceptionally explosive diaper a few mornings ago. We're talking up and out of the top of the diaper...very messy. When they are this bad and we are both home, we make this kind of diaper change a tag-team event. So with a soiled diaper and a soiled outfit on our son, JP seriously asked "Do I need to get the scissors to cut the onesie off." I couldn't hold back the laughter on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment