Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Technological Irony

I'm one of those that truly love the convenience of technology but hate it when it doesn't work on my terms. We've been having problems with our wireless router at the house. Now mind you, our broadband connection is just fine and I'm totally able to connect when hard-wired to the receiver, but the wireless router has grown a brain, taken a vacation and it's frustrating me to no end.

Now here's the irony. I'm one of those that loves voicemail. I loathe the idea that I have to be married to my phone (short of an emergency) and I like to screen my calls from time to time. I'm also one that can actually leave my email box with some messages unread if I feel like it. But the idea of not being able to connect to the internet to google that random thought, check to see if those unread messages are still there or check the weather in a season of unchanging weather, frustrates me.

I've been bit by the technology bug of convenience and I'm pretty sure there isn't a cure. And do you want to know what's really funny. After getting my internet fix this morning, I'll unplug the hard-wired connection and continue to tinker with the router until I get the problem figured out. That's the other bug that's bitten me...wanting to solve problems, if only in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment