Monday, July 20, 2009

Cancelling all jinxs

It's said that you shouldn't talk about something too soon, otherwise you jinx it (or so I've been told). So I've been keeping this news under wraps for a little while so as not to jinx our progress, but I'm ready to celebrate and share the news. Mason is sleeping through the night, most nights that is. In the last week he has slept from 10:00pm until 6:00 am for three nights. The other nights, we've been up once and only for 20 minutes.

I've been so thrilled to reach this milestone. I've always been a sleeper, not excessive but I definitely enjoy feeling rested. I've never been one of those that has prided myself on surviving with 5 hours of sleep. I am a card carrying member of the 8 hour club and I'm excited to see that I'm slowing inching my way back to those 8 hours. Ironic as it may be, JP snapped a picture of our son wearing a bib that says "I just pulled an all nighter!!" I should probably get rid of that so he doesn't get any new ideas.


There's something else I'd like to share without jinxing it...IT RAINED in Black Hill. The last time it rained, Mason was born. We had wind, thunder, lightening and glorious rain...over half an inch. The weather was very dramatic and in true Padgett fashion, my hubby was anxious to start snapping pictures (I hope Mason enjoys that hobby when he's older). Take a look at a few of the shots that JP captured.

No comments:

Post a Comment