Thursday, July 2, 2009

Holy Heatwave

This South Texas summer has gotten off to such an quick, intense start. I haven't seen the land in the neighborhood look this parched and scorched since my childhood. JP keeps asking me when was the last time I saw the tank in front of our house dry and I've laughingly said, "not since is was dug by my Grandpa." I'm thinking Grandpa Elton would be worried if he could see how far it's gone down.

Another by product of this summer heat has been our limited time outdoors with Mason. JP and I have been having family time on the back porch after 8:30 pm. We get to watch the sunset and we've found that we have a little outdoor boy on our hands. He loves the sights, sounds and is fascinated by everything that moves outside (dogs, cows, birds & bugs). Here are a few pics from a few evenings out.

No comments:

Post a Comment