Saturday, December 19, 2009

A Day for the Boys

I've had a lot of fun the past two Thursday's while watching Mason and Layton. And now that the boys are old enough to acknowledge each other, the fun has begun. The days started with a few moments of polite staring and then the squealing began. I had to play referee at regular intervals, keep them from stealing each others pacifier. For instance, Mason had decided to pull his plug but I guess he wanted Layton to do the same and yanked his out of his mouth, much to his surprise.

So far the toy sharing is working but there is a little toy envy. When one was intently focused on a toy, the other would stare with great concern and grab it once dropped. They also decided to share in each others pain. This past week, Layton's first tooth began to crown and he was uncomfortable, so I sat Mason in the corner of the couch and then sat next to him with Layton in my lap. Mason watched Layton cry with a smile on his face, attitude unchanged. THEN, Mason just flipped a switch and joined in with the tears. I know I shouldn't have, but I laughed hysterically, I couldn't help it. I will say, the odd response broke the tears.

And as usual, I played with the camera. Layton is on the left and Mason is on the right.

Look at those heads...can you tell they are related??

Layton giving me a great smile.

Mason posing as the waxed-version of himself...LOL!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love the picture of their heads ha ha too funny. I just love their little or should I say big bald heads. Mason is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete