Friday, December 11, 2009

Charlie Brown Christmas

As with so many, watching "A Charlie Brown Christmas" is a vital part of the Christmas season. I was glad to catch it this past week. Such simple and powerful truths in the message. As I've gotten older, I appreciate Charles Schultz's clear gospel message that is shared with the masses. I was also glad to share the show with Mason for the first time. While he was busy playing on the floor, I was reminded of the importance of sharing with him the meaning of the holiday as he grows. JP and I have laughed that as we get him close to the tree, he repeatedly reaches for a wooden ornament that depicts the nativity scene...how sweet and profound. We've prayed long and hard for his life, health and happiness. Perhaps his spirit is connecting to his Savior even now.

On a more superficial note, it was fun letting my Charlie Brown watch THE Charlie Brown. So in my usual form, I decided to get a little creative with the camera and catch Mason and Charlie Brown in the same frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment