Saturday, January 15, 2011

Growing in the New Year

Getting a family picture taken with a 20-month old is far more difficult than it was last year. And seeing that we've been super busy this last month with work, church activities and illness, it's been hard to find a day when we all are on our mark. Christmas week passed us by in a blur of blessings and joy, so we tried one more time to catch a family picture for a New Years Card. After MANY attempts to get the boy to smile, this is the closest family picture for the books in 2010. What you can see (but can't hear) is Mason was saying "bye-bye" and waving while taking this series of shots...guess he had enough.


As we've ended another year, we have been overwhelmed by the blessings that continue to flow into our family. There is love unspeakable under our roof (not just a cliche, but a sincere declaration of what is) and we are grateful. Mason is blowing our mind as he grows up. His tongue is loosening up more and more, giving us a regular surprise with new words. And he truly is growing like a weed...he is 1 inch shy of 3 feet and weighs in at 29 pounds.


I've been enjoying the busy pace that faces me these days. It was a difficult revelation to arrive at, but I've found that I do far better in life when I have some regular work to plug myself into. While the idea of being a full-time stay at home mom was what I thought was my path, I've found that God really does know me better than I know myself. So I've been tackling the challenge of medical billing three days a week at a Pediatric office and filling in the blanks with design work from time to time. I've also been doing well with this second pregnancy...we are now half way through the process and really looking forward to how this new life will change our life!!!

Mason is trying to understand what "Big Brother" means, but it is still an abstract thought for him. As we start talking new baby, he manages to crawl up in my lap and SIT on his sibling...Lord help us when this baby arrives!!!

JP is also doing really well. Real estate has opened it's doors in South Texas again, thanks to the oil boom that is on our horizon. He's also had a chance to have a successful deer hunt (photos will come later). John Paul has stumbled into a very passionate hobby...customized knives. He's been purchasing knife kits (the most basic metal structure) and doing intricate carving, filing, grinding, amazing handles and making some very unique pieces of art. He's had offers to purchase his work and compliments too-boot. To say he's proud is an understatement. Take a look at some of his work below.

No comments:

Post a Comment